Fullstack & Data Engineers
Spidertracks, a kiwi success story that has until now, flown under the radar, are about to take off on the next leg of our journey. As a leading provider of IoT and SaaS analytics solutions for the aviation industry, our core purpose is to provide simple and smart solutions that allow our customers to make better decisions. We enjoy pushing traditional boundaries in our design and delivery of these and have a number of opportunities to join our team. If you seek mastery of your craft, have a curious mind and a healthy disrespect for the status-quo, then Spidertracks is for you!
We are looking for multiple engineers who are passionate about the data domain to join our Product Development team. Successful candidates will become part of our Data Insights team and will be responsible for unlocking the value of over 10 million flight hours and 3.5 billion dollars worth of aircraft that are tracked via platform. Your contribution will be key in driving forward new product offerings and services for our customers.
What will you bring to the role?
An enthusiasm for data technologies
- Build and run our cloud based aviation safety data platform (We use the AWS cloud and services)
- Design highly available and scalable systems in collaboration with our tech leaders
- 3rd Party collaboration with integration partners to enrich our product offerings
- Automation to remove menial activities from your day (test, build, deploy)
You strive for continuous improvement
- Development Practice - implementation of high quality development practices in the data domain. We value the ideas and experience that our people bring into the business
- Agile Environment - contribute to the continued improvement of these practices
- Courage - you are bold and confident in contributing ideas. You seek out opportunities to provide and receive feedback
- Knowledge Sharing - you support team members in the application of modern technologies and techniques, with a genuine empathy and desire to help them succeed
- Collaboration - an awareness of varying degrees of communication when communicating to various functions of the business, such as Product Management, QA and platform development
The successful applicants can demonstrate:
- Experience in cloud platforms, AWS experience a must!
- Experience in modern data engineering technologies and approaches
- Experience with modern data visualisation tools and frameworks
- Ensure Simplicity is practised in all demands of the role
- Work in a cycle of continuous improvement, striving for excellence
- Enjoy working in a diverse environment, remaining open-minded
- Demonstrate a high-level of empathy, being curious about other’s perspective
- Be responsible for own development, actively learning and searching for opportunities. We will support you.
Highly desirable experience:
- React JS web development
- Data engineering with AWS Athena, S3, Glue
- DevOps Culture
- A leadership team that’s passionate about your growth and professional development
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- A diverse team
- Environmentally friendly building, in a city fringe location
- Weekly Lunch & Learn company-wide sessions
- A space invaders machine